Write for us – Submit Your Guest Post Article
Hey fellow writers!
Interested in submitting a guest post for my blog?
I am glad to announce that CreativeFlicks accept guest posts and article submission from all bloggers professional writers or freelance writers with relevant, interesting topics that wish to write articles that match the general idea of the site. If you have a quality guest article with original content on any topic and feel like sharing it with our readers, then here is your chance to publish articles for CreativeFlicks.
I am actively looking for guest bloggers that enjoy writing and blogging, I’m also open to any article pitch having a creative bent.
I get a big number of article pitches each day so it’s hard to write back to everyone in a timely manner, but worry not – no emails go unanswered!
Please note: keep your proposed article pitches under 600 words and please do not send more than one short pitch at a time. A short pitch about article’s content will do, no worries!
How To Submit a Guest Post
The first step is to contact me and pitch your idea for the article submission. Make sure it follows the general topic of the site, take a quick look at already written blog posts and you will get the idea!
CreativeFlicks is a general type of blog so writers have a wide spectrum of subject complexity to pick from.
If your submitted article matches one of the categories, it’s even better! We are focusing on personal development, DIY, home decor, travel, pets, etc. – but adding something new would be fine too.
Press releases and freelance writing are welcome too if they contain new ideas and point to the original article for readers to check out.
Sales pitches need to provide better feedback for the readers and follow guidance directly on rights related to plagiarized content.
The second step – after your post idea gets approved – its time to start writing content. The post should be at least 500 written words and follow all the guidelines.
Sponsored post option is available for original articles with interesting relevant information. Creativeflicks will be the sole owner, with all google documents. (written partial draft and rough draft included)
Send it back to me, I will take a quick look – and if everything looks ok your article will be published in a day or two, depending on when you send it. (rough estimate)
Guest Post Guidelines for Article Submission
I genuinely care about the published content and feel of the blog, by following these rules your content will fulfill the major requirements of good-looking content.
Here is some basic info when you write for us:
- at least 500 words long, up to 1,000 words is fine
- only unique content – do not copy stuff from other published sources
- in a friendly, casual style that is easy to follow
- use proper grammar and check for any mistakes before submitting
- include a relevant image (Pinterest style, 1:1.5 ratio)
- there is no limit on links you can insert into the article, but keep it good taste and use them only where they are relevant
While I have a general set of formatting techniques, you don’t have to worry much about it, I am very flexible with how you choose to format your article and will easily provide feedback. I prefer outline submissions through a number of mediums like e-mail text, shared Google Docs, or a Word document.
Write for us – What is in it for you?
You get a chance to write for a bigger audience along with the backlinks to your website (all of the links will be do-follow, but I keep the right to edit them if they are too promotional and out of place).
A lot of my audience comes from social networks like Pinterest and Tumblr and posts get tweeted to thousands of Twitter users.
When you write for us, your article gets indexed (meaning it’s searchable) on our site as well as other sites like Google. So this gives you the chance to attract new readers from those places as well.
Here is the list of topics I prefer submissions for at the moment:
- DIY projects and ideas
- Kitchen tricks and recipes
- Travel writing (must provide own images)
- Personal development (must talk about your experience)
If you are interested to use this chance to write for us and publish your ideas – send me an outline with the “write for us” subject line and I will respond if it’s a good fit as soon as possible.
How We Publish Articles
It usually takes me 24-48 hours to publish a written guest post page for websites. The length of time it takes depends on how soon I can find a free slot in my schedule. If I have time, I might even add some nice pictures for your published article! Make sure you send your articles in Google Document form or Word format. Images must be at least 100 KB in size and have a resolution of at least 1:1.5.
If I share your guest post on my social network accounts, then please send me the link to your website/social media accounts that you would like me to link to in the comments.
As you might swiftly notice, there really isn’t much for you to do apart from doing some research and writing an amazing story, and sending it on time. And while we don’t require any specific qualifications (but if you do happen to be a professional writer, life coach, or self-help guru then that’s definitely something we will dig), it helps if you know the basics of marketing yourself and your business.
It doesn’t matter how often you menu write – guest blogging is a great way to get exposure for your brand, increase sales and build relationships with other bloggers in the creative world. If you can do a good article about a relevant topic, then do apply for publishing!
How To Write Guest Posts – Top Tips When Writing Guest Posts
Guest posting can be a lot of work. Not only do you have to come up with a great post, but you also need to find high-quality blogs to publish it on.
1. Research The Blog’s Editorial Guidelines
Before you submit a guest post to any blog, be sure to read their editorial rules. Every blog has different requirements, and failing to meet them can result in your post being rejected.
Some common submission rules for guest posting include:
- The maximum word count or the number of images allowed.
- What type of content is published (i.e. articles, infographics, videos, etc.)
- Acceptance of sponsored posts or links.
- Requirements for bylines and bio.
If you’re not sure what they are, just ask! Most bloggers are happy to provide their submission requirements for sponsored posts if you reach out to them.
2. Write A Great Title
The title of your guest post is just as important as the title of your blog post. It’s the first thing that readers will see, and it needs to be catchy enough to make them want to read more.
Here are a few tips for writing great titles:
- Include the keyword you’re targeting.
- Make it interesting and provocative.
- Include numbers or facts.
- Include a question (which can also serve as a headline).
Note: Be creative!
3. Write An Engaging Introduction
The introduction is one of the most important parts of your guest post, and it’s you’ll hook your readers in and get them interested in what you have to say.
Here are a few tips for writing an engaging introduction:
- Introduce your post topic right away.
- Don’t be too mysterious or vague about the subject, as this can leave the audience disinterested.
- Use quotes from experts within the industry to support your argument.
- Use examples
Don’t stress out over the first paragraph – just get the point across! Then spend more time on each section after that.
4. Format Your Post Properly
When you submit your guest post, the blog owner will likely format it for publication. But if you want to ensure that your post looks its best, follow these guidelines:
- Use a simple, easy-to-read font like Arial or Times New Roman.
- Include plenty of white space and breaks between paragraphs.
- Include headings and subheadings to break up the text and make it easier to skim.
- Include images and videos for visual interest (but make sure they’re relevant to the topic).
- Use bulleted lists with examples whenever possible.
Check the blog’s formatting before publishing your post to make sure you’re following their rules. Keep in mind that they may want to edit your post for publication, so it’s best not to embed any extra code or images (unless they give you the go-ahead).
5. Include A Call To Action At The End Of Your Post
Here are some tips for including CTAs:
- Add an enticing CTA at the very end of your post.
- Add a link back to the website and/or opt-in page.
- Add a CTA for social media (if appropriate)
- Add author bio for writers
All writers need some credit at the end of the writing process!
You can reach me at: email@example.com